1. What is Pranjol’s father?
Ans:- Pranjol’s father is the manager of Dhekiabari Tea Garden.
- What was read by Pranjol in the train compartment?
Ans:- In the train compartment Pranjol was reading a detective book.
- Name the place which amounts to the largest concentration of tea plantations in the world.
Ans:- Assam has the largest concentration of tea plantations in the world.
- Who was Bodhidharma?
Ans:-Bodhidharma was an ancient Buddhist ascetic.
- When was tea first drank in China?
Ans: – Tea was first drunk in China as far back 2700 BC.
- Name the Tea Garden managed by Mr Barua.
Ans:- Dhekiabari Tea Garden is managed by Mr Barua, Pranjol’s father.
- Name the Railway Junction where Pranjol and his friend finally got off?
Ans: – They finally got off at Mariani Junction.
- Who were waiting for Pranjol and Rajvir at Mariani?
Ans:- Pranjol’s parents were waiting for them.
- What was worn by the Tea Pluckers?
Ans:- The tea pluckers wore plastic aprons.
- What is the sprouting period of Tea plants?
Ans:- In Assam the sprouting periods of Tea plants is the season from May to July. During this period it yields the best tea.
- Describe the Chinese legend about tea.
Ans:- The Chinese legend is about an Emperor who used to boil water before drinking it. One day a few leaves of a twig burning under the pot fell into the water. It gave a delicious flavour to the water and thus tea was discovered.
12. Describe the Indian legend about tea.
Ans:- The Indian legend is about an ancient Buddhist ascetic named Bodhidharma. He once cut off his eyelids because he felt sleepy during meditations. Tea plants grew out of eyelids. The leaves of these plants when put in hot water and drunk kept sleep away.
- Describe the tea pluckers in the Tea garden.
Ans: – The tea pluckers carried bamboo baskets on their backs and wore plastic aprons. They plucked the newly sprouted leaves from the tea bushes.
- What magnificent view did Rajvir see outside while going in the train?
Ans:- The magnificent view was that of tea bushes spread here and there. The tea bushes spread over a vast area against the backdrop of densely wooded hills. There was a sea of orderly tea bushes under the tall sturdy shade trees.
- Give a description of Tea garden.
Ans:- On sides of the gravel road of the tea garden were acre upon acre of tea bushes. Tall sturdy shade trees are there amidst of the neatly pruned tea bushes. Tea pluckers were plucking the newly sprouted leaves.