1. A solar water heater cannot be used to get hot water on
(a)a sunny day.
(b)a cloudy day.
(c)a hot day.
(d)a windy day.
2. Which of the following is not an example of a bio-mass energy source?
3. Most of the sources of energy we use represent stored solar energy. Which of the
following is not ultimately derived from the Sun’s energy?
4. Compare and contrast fossil fuels and the Sun as direct sources of energy.
5. Compare and contrast bio-mass and hydro electricity as sources of energy.
6. What are the limitations of extracting energy from-
7. On what basis would you classify energy sources as
(a)renewable and non-renewable?
(b)exhaustible and inexhaustible?
Are the options given in (a) and (b) the same?
8. What are the qualities of an ideal source of energy?
9. What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a solar cooker? Are there
places where solar cookers would have limited utility?
10. What are the environmental consequences of the increasing demand for energy?
What steps would you suggest to reduce energy consumption?