CH – 11 CASE STUDIES
Deep is a medical student. His professor has asked him to create a document for his thesis and also create a presentation on recent development in medical field for a seminar on different dates in different places.
But Deep has a PC at home but no laptop to carry his presentation for seminar. His professor has told him to provide with the laptop in the seminar. Now, another problem
with Deep is that his Office is not working in his PC.
So, he is looking for the solution to his problems.
a. Where he would create the document for his thesis?
Ans: He can use Google Docs which is an online word processor included as part of the free, web-based Google Docs Editors suite offered by Google.
b. Where he would create the presentation for the seminar?
Ans: He can use Google Slides which is a presentation program included as part of the free, web-based Google Docs Editors suite offered by Google.
c. What is the benefit of using such platform?
Ans: Benefits of using such a platform:
- Easy to access: Sice it is stored in the cloud, which allows users to access it anytime from anywhere through any device.
- Instant auto-saving: Work is stored in the cloud, which means Google automatically saves every time you change something. Users can be 100% sure that work won’t be lost.
- Free: You just need a Gmail account to start using such platforms.
- No need to install extra software.
d. Where he would keep the documents so that he can avail the documents from anywhere(if USB is not working)?
Ans: Deep can use cloud storage.
e. Where he schedules the seminar and get reminders and why?
Ans: For this purpose, he can use Google Calendar.
Benefits of using this app:
I) Multiple calendars in one place
II) It is easily shareable.
III) General public calendars with worldwide holidays.
IV) Available anywhere.
V) Program reminders.
f. On the way to catch his flight to the airport, he lost his way. Suggest an App that Deep can use to find the location of the airport.
Ans: Deep can use Google Map to find the location of the airport.
2. Rohan wants to take his parents for Char Dhams yatra. But he confused how to book tickets and book hotels as there may be rush, and he can’t take his age-old parents move here and there.
His friend has given suggestion for online booking. But Rohan has never used such system.
Can you help him with the following?
a. What is advantage of online ticketing?
Ans: Advantages of online ticketing are as follows:
I) it is time-saving.
ii) reduce human error.
iii) it can be done anytime anywhere.
b. Why is online booking important?
Ans: Importance of online booking:
i) in this busy world, it is time-saving.
ii) easy to use and easy to access 24 by 7 from any device.
iii) reduce workload and human error.
iv) payment and refund are done online.
c. What are the disadvantages of booking online?
Ans: Major disadvantage of booking online is that it requires a device along with internet access.
d. What are requirements of online booking?
Ans: i) Device with internet access.
ii) Payment options like Credit cards, debit cards, online wallets etc.
iii) inventory system.
e. He is confused which websites to search for booking online tickets. Can you help him with some website names?
Ans: some website names for booking online tickets:
makemytrip.com, goibibo.com, yatra.com, ixigo.com, redbus.in etc.
3. Nabanita is fond of buying different kinds of goods. She used to go to different shops and malls to buy things. But she wants some solutions to buy goods sitting at home. Then her friend told her about e-commerce. She likes the idea, but she has some queries. Can you solve her queries?
a. What is the difference between traditional shopping and e-commerce?
Ans: Traditional shoping can be defined as the buying and selling of goods physically person to person offline.
Ecommerce can be defined as the buying and selling of goods electronically online.
b. What are the advantages of e-commerce?
Ans: advantages of e-commerce:-
1. Faster buying process
2. Buy anytime from anywhere
3. Lower price
4. wide product variety
5. Flexibility for customers
6. No reach limitations
7. Product and price comparison
8. saves time
9. Several payment modes
c. Which are the best e-commerce sites?
Ans: Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, IndiaMART, shopclues, Snapdeal etc.
d. What are the possible risks of e-commerce websites?
Ans: The possible risks of e-commerce websites are as follows:
1. Data Privacy and Online Security Risks
2. Platform Downtime
3. Credit Card Scams
4. Low SEO Ranking
5. Client Disputes And Refunds
e. What are the risks of online transactions?
Ans: Following are the main risks of online transactions:
Technical Issues: Online payments are vulnerable to technical disturbances.
Security Problems: Much like other electronic systems, e-payment platforms are also vulnerable to hacking.
4. Aditya is a freelancer. She used to post different works on the Internet. After that she heard of blog. She had some queries regarding blog. Solve her the following queries.
a. What exactly is a blog?
Ans: A blog (a shortened version of “weblog”) is an online journal or informational website where a writer or a group of writers share their views on an individual subject.
b. How do she start a blog?
Ans: Following are the basic steps for starting a blog:
1.Pick your blog name and niche
2.Get your blog online (web hosting)
3.Design your blog with a free WordPress theme
4. Install necessary plugins.
5.Write your first blog post
6.Promote your blog and get readers
c. Do bloggers make money?
d. What are the different types of blogs?
Ans: The different types of blogs are:-
- Food blogs
- Travel blogs
- Health and fitness blogs
- Lifestyle blogs
- Fashion and beauty blogs
- Photography blogs
- Personal blogs
- DIY craft blogs
- Parenting blogs
- Music blogs
- Business blogs
- Art and design blogs
- Book and writing blogs
- Personal finance blogs
- Interior design blogs
- Sports blogs
- News blogs
- Movie blogs
- Religion blogs
- Political blogs
e. How did she choose a topic for her blog?
Ans: She must choose a topic for her blog based on her passion, knowledge and research.
f. How she can be a successful blogger?
Ans: Some tips for a successful blogger:
Consider integration (SEO)
Find a niche
Write about what you love
Focus on marketing
Don’t worry about negativity
Provide easy reading
Give your posts punchy titles
Keep it regular
Use social media for connecting with more people
Keep an eye on the analytics
5. Roshmi is from a middle-class family. She has completed her graduation and started her work in an IT firm. To get promotion in her job, she has to upgrade her academic skills. But she can’t do regular courses. So, can you help her how can she upgrade her academic skills. Give complete guidance to her.
Ans: Roshni should upgrade her academic skills through online courses for the following advantages:
I) Flexibility: She can learn anywhere anytime.
II) Ability to Advance a Career
III) Wider Range of Courses and Programs
Some websites for online courses:
- Google Skillshop.
- LinkedIn Learning.